Captain Siya Kolisi and centre Damian de Allende reappear for a second successive start while five of the replacements from the victory over Italy (49-3) on Friday are promoted to the starting line-up. They are Frans Steyn (centre), Francois Louw (looseforward), Franco Mostert and RG Snyman (both locks) and Vincent Koch (prop).
Nine of the team that defeated Namibia 57-3 in City of Toyota in the preceding match regain a starting place while Damian Willemse – who arrived as an injury replacement from the UK on Thursday – goes straight into the starting line-up at fullback.
There are also first starts at the Rugby World Cup for Thomas du Toit (prop) and Cobus Reinach (scrumhalf), which means all the players in the RWC squad will have gotten starts by the end of the pool phase.
There are a number of positional changes in the backline, with Sbu Nkosi switching to the left wing, Warrick Gelant starting on the right flank and De Allende being given a start at outside centre.
The versatile Du Toit starts at loosehead prop, while Louw is at No 8 with Schalk Brits returning to his more usual No 2 jersey after appearing at the back of the scrum against Namibia.
A powerful looking bench includes five of the starting XV from the victory over Italy in Eben Etzebeth, Frans Malherbe, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Handre Pollard and Willie le Roux.
Rested completely from the squad that played Italy are Tendai Mtawarira (prop), Bongi Mbonambi (hooker), Lukhanyo Am (centre) and Cheslin Kolbe and Makazole Mapimpi (wings) – who had featured in all four matches in Japan – as well as Lood de Jager, Duane Vermeulen and Faf de Klerk.
The match kicks off at 12h15 (SA time) and is available on SuperSport channel 201 or SABC radio.
The Springbok team to play Canada in Kobe on Tuesday is:
15. Damian Willemse (DHL Stormers) 5 caps – 0 points
14. Warrick Gelant (Vodacom Bulls), 8 caps - 10 (2t)
13. Damian de Allende (DHL Stormers), 43 - 20 (4t)
12. Frans Steyn (Montpellier, France), 63 - 136 (10t, 7c, 21p, 3d)
11. Sbu Nkosi (Cell C Sharks) 9 - 35 (7t), 9 – 35 (7t)
10. Elton Jantjies (Emirates Lions), 36 – 265 (2t, 54c, 49p)
9. Cobus Reinach (Northampton, England), 13 - 15 (3t)
8. Francois Louw (Bath, England), 72 - 50 (10t)
7. Kwagga Smith (Emirates Lions), 5 - 0
6. Siya Kolisi (captain, DHL Stormers), 46 - 30 (6t)
5. Franco Mostert (Gloucester, England), 35 - 5 (1t)
4. RG Snyman (Vodacom Bulls), 19 – 5 (1t)
3. Vincent Koch (Saracens, England), 17 - 0
2. Schalk Brits (Vodacom Bulls), 14 - 10 (2t)
1. Thomas du Toit (Cell C Sharks), 11 – 0
16. Malcolm Marx (Emirates Lions), 29 – 25 (5t)
17. Steven Kitshoff (DHL Stormers), 43 - 5 (1t)
18. Frans Malherbe (DHL Stormers), 34 – 0
19. Eben Etzebeth (DHL Stormers), 82 - 15 (3t)
20. Pieter-Steph du Toit (DHL Stormers), 52 – 25 (5t)
21. Herschel Jantjies (DHL Stormers), 7 - 20 (4t)
22. Handre Pollard (Vodacom Bulls) 44 – 410 (6t, 70c 76p, 4d)
23. Willie le Roux (Toyota Verblitz, Japan), 58 – 60 (12t)